Friday, May 9, 2008

Day 5 in Cabo San Lucas - Parasailing Day

The following day, Thursday, January 17th we were scheduled to go Parasailing at about noon. We drove down to Cabo San Lucas' main beach - Playa El Médano (The Dune Beach). This is the most popular beach for swimming and watersports. We walked over to JT Watersports http://www.jtwatersports.com/ tour guides location and they immediately flagged down a water taxi to take us to the actual parasailing boat. Steve and I scheduled single rides (not tandem, 2 people) as we wanted to experience the parasailing on our own. We were both really excited because neither of us had ever been parasailing!

The company was professional and the guys were really great at helping us with getting the equipment set up. The boat was practically full, with 2 other couples and the two of us. The two couples went before us and they both decided to go tandem. They both really enjoyed the experience. I then got geared up and went next. The most exciting part for me was while they raised me up and when they brought me down - since I had asked them to dunk me in the water a bit (to my knees.) The ride was really spectacular as it was quite high and I was able to see the entire Cabo Marina and area as well as all the beaches. It was a very pleasant ride that lasted about 15 minutes. Steve went after me and he was kind of nervous because he does not like highs at all. However, he really loved the experience and he thought the view was amazing! His ride seemed longer than mine but he thinks it was sill about 15 minutes. The entire event took about 1 ½ hours after everyone on the boat took their turn and they dropped us back at Médano Beach at about 2 pm.

We spend the remainder of the day at the beach and hung out at the hotel resting for the remainder of the evening.

No comments: